[Equest-users] CHP Question

Marc Wachter marc at wachterbsd.com
Sat Nov 15 14:05:46 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I am looking to model a cogeneration system with two (2) turbines that
exceed the facilities anticipated maximum electric usage.  My model has
generated a number of questions however:

1. Elec-meter, "COGEN-TRACK-MODE" is set to MAX-Output however the NG load
still fluctuates from month to month.

2. How does one, considering the "MAX-Output" operation above disable boiler
operation when the rejected heat is sufficient to heat the building and
provide hot water for absorption chilling?

3. How does one segregate out the "Sold" electric power in the reports?

Best regards,
Marc Wachter, PE
Wachter & Associates Engineering
600 Jessup Road