[Equest-users] WSHP loops and no cooling equipment errors?

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Tue Nov 25 10:06:50 PST 2008

Hi all,

I was hoping for some help in trying to troubleshoot a problem with my
current model.  I've spent hours trying to figure this out, and all I've
succeeded in doing is getting angry!

I've got a WSHP loop set up with a cooling tower and boiler, and I have
a number of WSHPs as systems.  For whatever reason, the BDL file says I
have no cooling equipment installed.  And when I run the model, I show
no cooling energy used.

I've gone as far as to run a new wizard model with the same system, and
copy everything over to my model, but even that doesn't work.

If I change my cooling tower to one with a heat exchanger, I actually
get a "HT-EXCH Convergence Error", and the .SIM file seems to indicate
that the loop temperature keeps going up and eventually shuts off the
associated systems.

Not sure what else to do...it would seem that there is a problem with my
cooling tower, but even when I copy over the cooling tower, heat
exchanger, pumps, control sequence, etc from a functioning Wizard model,
it still doesn't work.

If anyone has time, I've attached the .inp and .pd2 files.  I appreciate
any help!

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200

Arlington, VA  22201-4749

703-338-5754 (Cell)

703-243-1200 (Office)

703-276-1376 (Fax)

www.ghtltd.com <http://www.ghtltd.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of GHT Limited.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail or by e-mail to ght at ghtltd.com, and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.  Thank you.