[Equest-users] Campus CHW or HW loop losses (or gains !!)

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue Nov 4 14:27:12 PST 2008

Folks:

The question was put to me regarding campus chilled or hot water circulation loop looses or gains. The person contended that he always seemed to find campus central plants oversized because the designers were always sizing CHW piping for losses. He contends that, in reality, the ground is actually being cooled from the continuous flow and the normal 55°F ground temperature that exists 8 - 15 feet below the surface is actually helping maintain the CHW temperature.

Where in eQuest are we inputting the length of pipe run for such a system?

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager
Nexant, Inc.
701 West Kimberly Ave., Suite 245