[Equest-users] PIU vs. VAV in eQuest

Kevin Madison kevinjm5000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 09:00:21 PST 2008

Matt -
You may be observing the result of the different default for
"THERMOSTAT-TYPE" for zones served by each system. The default for VAVS
is "REVERSE-ACTION" while it is "PROPORTIONAL" for PIU. Take a look in
the DOE-2 documentation for descriptions of each of these and how this
property affects ZONE terminal unit and SYSTEM operation.
- Kevin

Kevin Madison
Madison Engineering PS
Seattle WA