[Equest-users] Temperature Setback

Sam Alpert Sam.Alpert at gdsassociates.com
Wed Oct 8 06:29:01 PDT 2008

When modeling an industrial building, I am trying to implement a
increase in the baseline temperature setpoint for summer cooling. To do
so I increased the setpoint in the HVAC Air-side system entry from 70 to
74 and therefore the building should be using less energy to cool the
building (located in Massachusetts) in the summer time.

Why in this case is the energy usage (for space cooling) increasing
after implementing this energy-saving measure?

I can send over a building file if need be to analyze my problem.
Thanks,
Sam Alpert
Engineer
GDS Associates, Inc.