[Equest-users] VAV in eQuest

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Oct 16 14:41:56 PDT 2008

This is a common problem I deal with also.  I'm pretty sure it's because
the shutoff boxes have a minimum supply airflow rate (30% for example),
and if your AHU is supplying 55 degree air, it wants to reheat it to
maintain space setpoint (particularly if the room is unoccupied, or
there is a diversity in the lighting / power, or it is the heating
season).  I usually fix this by having a low primary air minimum
percentage (5%) and supply air reset on the AHU, both of which can be
accomplished with current BMS systems.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP
Senior Associate