[Equest-users] Water-to-water and water-to-air heat pump off sameloop

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Fri Sep 12 09:16:48 PDT 2008

Bill:

Remember a cardinal rule of eQuest/DOE-2 - ONE SYSTEM-TYPE to ONE ZONE.
I suggest you split your space into two zones and give each the
appropriate system. Put the majority of the load into the Radiant System
(since I will assume you want that more passive system to operate
first), then put an AIR-WALL between the zones and let the ducted system
take the rest of the load.

This thinking is before my first morning cup of coffee, so perhaps it is
backwards. But you probably know which system should be able to handle
what load.

Good luck.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Project Manager