[Equest-users] eQUEST Examples

Aulbach, John jaulbach at nexant.com
Tue Sep 23 23:42:37 PDT 2008

David:

How much money do you have??

(Just kidding).

The forum here is about the best you can get to asking for specific examples.  The old DOE-2.1E used to have Sample Runs, but I am unaware that eQuest has carried on the tradition.

The eQuest manuals generally describe how to do certain keywords for certain systems. The eQuest Vol. 3 (Tpoics) reviews the various SYSTEM types you can use, and applicable keywords allowed, including templates of .INP input screens.

I am unaware that one could include spot cooling into another SYSTEM. Cardinal rule -ONE SYSTEM TYPE per ZONE. You COULD split the zone into two zones.

Keep asking. When the experts (certainly above me) have time, they seem to be most gracious in sharing their knowledge.  I enjoy reading the various problems and solution suggestions offered within the Forum.

I would say all the "heavy hitters' tune in here.

Welcome, and give eQuest a chance. I feel it's the best thing going currently in energy modeling (this said after 30+ years of doing this..).

John Aulbach