[Equest-users] Incomplete .SIM File

Scott Criswell scott.criswell at doe2.com
Mon Sep 29 10:59:27 PDT 2008

There are certain versions of DOE-2 that wrote some bogus characters
into a field of the .SIM file that, in turn, was causing the D2SimViewer
application to load only a small subset of .SIM reports into the
drop-down list of results reports.
Can you verify using another editor (WordPad, Word, ...) or even a
simple file size comparison that the .SIM file is in fact now being
truncated?

If the file is indeed being truncated, then you should find errors
listed in the .SIM file that describe the problem that was encountered
by the simulation which resulted in the truncation.
If the file is not being truncated, but D2SimViewer is simply not able
to properly index all the reports, then I recommend you simply use
another editor to view that project's .SIM output.

- Scott