[Equest-users] LEED advise please

Patrick Darby pdarby at twfp.com
Wed Apr 29 07:02:20 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have a building, a YWCA in Canada, in which there are spaces in which
no air is supplied to the space, but air is exhausted. These spaces
consist of transitional units, a lounge, a kitchen and storage (which
contain operable windows). I am simulating the building model using
eQUEST, and as every space requires a zone, and every zone needs to be
covered under an HVAC system, I have created unit ventilators for these
spaces/zones applying the exhaust air for each of the zones as the
assigned flow for each unit ventilator.

Now, for LEED purposes should I be removing the energy the unit
ventilators consume for both the proposed and reference case. Or, should
I be including it in the proposed case, and creating a single zone HVAC
system for the reference case?

Thanks for any help, it is most appreciated,

Patrick Darby, BScE

Mechanical Engineering Services

The Walter Fedy Partnership
Phone: 519-576-2150 x271
Fax: 519-576-5499
Web: www.twfp.com

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message. Information, opinions or conclusions contained in this message that do not relate to the official business of "The Walter Fedy Partnership" will be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.