[Equest-users] LEED Related Modeling

ron lamarre lamarre_arch at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 06:41:47 PDT 2009

Hi to all:

I'd like to see if anyone else has run into the following issues and/or can assist with the resolution.

1.  How does one model an ERV for one zone on a multi-zone PVVT system.  ie: one constant-volume RTU with four zones with change-over bypass dampers.  The ERV is placed in the supply duct to one zone and is controlled with demand control sensors. It appears in eQuest, the DCV controls only work system wide.

2.  We're using a low-temp condensing DHW to heat potable water as well as two split system AHUs.  There does not seem to be a selection for this type of DHW under the HVAC heating coil options; however, there is a condensing boiler option.  When we reduce the water load (40% DHW reduction) and input the low temp (110F) and high efficiency of the actual DHW, we are seeing a 58% saving in fuel (gas) over the 80% Et baseline.  Does this sound correct?

3.  We have tsak lighting in each office/workspace of this commercial office building for individual occupant controllability.  We included the task lighting power density in the Space-by-Space allowable W/SF for the baseline.  In the proposed model, the task lighting power is added to the fixed lighting power for the total lighting W/SF.  Should the power for the task lighting also be added to the baseline as a process load?

Thanks for your help.

Ron Lamarre, AIA, NCARB
Architect - LEED AP

L A M A R R E  A R C H I T E C T S