[Equest-users] PTAC Errors

Seth P. Spangler sspangle at rmf.com
Wed Aug 12 05:39:22 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am used to having to trouble shoot complex systems in eQuest but the
most basic system (PTAC) has me completely stumped.

I am working on a mid rise condo building going for LEED certification.
ASHRAE App G calls for PTHP (PTAC in eQuest) with a constant volume fan.
I have selected all of the appropriate parameters in the wizard mode
however when I switch to detailed edit the systems show up as a
two-speed fan. To add to my confusion,  the SS-R report shows hours
across the spectrum in the part load ranges. Any suggestions on how to
change this.

I would also like to be able to adjust the  fan supply kW/CFM in
detailed edit but I am unable to do so  - the input is grayed out with
only SP and efficiency fraction available. I left the fan power inputs
in the wizard edit as default. Once again - any suggestions.

I have attached the PD2 and INP files.

Thanks in advance.

Seth Spangler, LEED(r) AP

Project Engineer