[Equest-users] different hourly zone temperature reports?

Brent Eubanks BEubanks at taylor-engineering.com
Fri Aug 14 10:19:11 PDT 2009

I'm designing an unconditioned building with a thermal mass / night precooling strategy, and I'm using hourly reports of the zone temp to evaluate different mass strategies.

However, there are at least three hourly reports that are potentially relevant to this:

-          Current hour zone temp

-          Trial zone temp

-          The average temp during this hour

Can anyone on the list tell me what the differences are between these values and how they are computed?  Which is going to best represent the occupant's experience of the zone conditions?

Thanks

Brent Eubanks
Mechanical Designer, Taylor Engineering, LLC
1080 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 501, Alameda CA 94501
(510) 473-1164 direct, (510) 749-9135 office
(510) 749-9136 fax

beubanks at taylor-engineering.com
www.taylor-engineering.com