[Equest-users] VAV System main AHU coil Peak Load

James Vander Zanden vanderzanden at jdreng.com
Thu Aug 27 16:17:08 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I am currently working on a sizing geo-thermal bore-field for a
water-to-air heat pump.  The Air-side of the system is a VAV-Reheat
system, so that the reheat coils will serve as the primary heat source
with the main coil acting as a preheat coil in the heating mode.   In
the cooling mode the system should behave as a normal VAV would.

Thus to size the bore-field I need to know the peak load on the coil
inside the unit during the heating mode.  I've looked at the SS-A, and
SS-F reports and those peak heating loads seems to include the load on
the reheat coils.  Where among the reports would I be able to find just
the peak load on the coil inside the unit during heating?

Any help or suggestions would greatly appreciated!

Thanks Much,

James

James R. Vander Zanden

Project Engineer