[Equest-users] Creating roof surfaces

Lars Fetzek lfetzek at phoenixeng.us
Thu Aug 6 13:54:04 PDT 2009

Kyle,

    I'm so glad that I can actually contribute an answer on this forum (for
the first time)!
    I actually did what you are attempting while trying to learn how to make
a tilted roof.
    Roofs and exterior walls are child components of spaces, which are child
components of floors.
    Just create an exterior wall as you usually would, then double-click on
it in the component list to get the properties box to open.  There, under
the "basic specifications" tab, you can define/choose the location, the
polygon that it uses, and the azimuth and tilt (and some other stuff).  Play
with this stuff.  The "tilt" will give the "lean-to" effect.
    I hope that this helps.

Lars Fetzek
Phoenix Engineering Group
Tampa, Florida