[Equest-users] Baseboard HW vs.HW Fan Coil

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Wed Aug 12 16:10:45 PDT 2009

You didn't mention in the post, but if the motivation for the study was to compare an existing baseboard system controlled by an outdoor reset schedule to an HVAC system controlled by thermostats, then the savings could be dramatic.

50% sounds like a lot - maybe verify that you have a reasonable reset schedule in your base case, and also that the modeled existing base case has reasonable summer heating usage.  The actual baseboard system may be deactivated over the summer, if the modeled baseboards are available throughout the year the savings between the two cases could be exaggerated.

David