[Equest-users] Multi-zone excessive heating energy

Jeff Brown jbrown at WJO.com
Thu Aug 13 10:42:12 PDT 2009

Kyle,

I just did one like yours that worked out fine. The issues I had to work out to get the model correct had to do with airflow. I originally had high heating and low cooling loads. The minimum airflow to the zones had to be set at 100 and the source set to "snap acting". Obviously the Hot Deck reset schedule has to be reasonable as well. Is this the only source of heat in the building?

Jeffrey J. Brown
Operations Manager
The Controls Group
W.J. O'Neil Company
Cell 313-850-1344
Direct 734-266-3312
Office 734-458-2300
Fax 734-458-2305
jbrown at wjo.com

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Nisonger, Kyle M NWK
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 12:49 PM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Multi-zone excessive heating energy

Hello All,

I am trying to model building with a Multi-zone air handler that uses a DX coil for cooling and Hot water coil for heating.  After simulating the model the heating energy is astronomically high while the cooling energy is normal.  I have tried to change inputs and controls to no avail.  Does anyone have experience with this problem?  Any ideas on what I should try to look at first?

Thank you for your help,

Kyle Nisonger
Mechanical Engineer, LEED(r) AP
US Army Corps of Engineers