[Equest-users] Equest-generated Construction Materials

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Tue Aug 18 12:50:21 PDT 2009

Ryan,

Your assumption is correct.  The layer you’re referring to represents the combined batt insulation and framing type specified in the wizard.  The layers shown in the detailed interface are continuous layers, so non-continuous constructions need to be converted to an equivalent continuous construction.

More specifically, eQUEST is applying the framing factors found in Standard 90.1 Table A9.2B.  For example, specifying metal 2x6 studs 24” OC with R-19 batt in the wizard would correspond to a “self-named” layer showing thermal resistance R-8.6 in the detailed interface.  You can locate this same conversion in Table A9.2B (page 105 of the 2004 edition).

Thanks,

                         DAKOTA KELLEY

                                Project Designer

                                Office:      214-744-6199

                                Cell:         214-280-3825

                                Fax:         214-744-0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>           3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com <mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>              Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2009 Telios Corporation.