[Equest-users] Elevator schedules

Dahlstrom, Aaron ADahlstrom at AKF-ENG.com
Wed Aug 26 11:09:17 PDT 2009

Andrew -

ASHRAE 90.1-2004 User's Manual provides elevator usage schedules on pp
G-38 through G-47.

This has an hourly value of % usage for WD, Sat, and Sun daytypes.

Aaron Dahlstrom

AKF Group

215.735.7290

adahlstrom at akfgroup.com

________________________________

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Andrew
Clagett
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:06 PM
To: eQUEST-users at onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Elevator schedules

Hello everyone. Does anyone know of any published literature or data on
elevator usage by building type?  I'm looking into my elevator schedules
and I'm wondering if LEED (ASHRAE) has some definitive requirements that
I haven't found or whether the schedules are basically up to me.

What are typical energy usage ratios others have used for elevators in
higher-education teaching facilities?  I'm finding that even just a 10%
reduction in usage (ratio of 0.2 from 0.3) has a substantial decrease in
overall building misc. energy usage.

Thank you.

Andrew Clagett, PE, LEED(r) AP
Mechanical
HARGIS ENGINEERS
600 Stewart Street
Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98101
www.hargis.biz <http://www.hargis.biz/>

d | 206.436.0494
o | 206.448.3376
 f | 206.448.4450

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail. E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with AKF.