[Equest-users] Zone report OA discrepancy

Bishop, Bill bbishop at PathfinderEngineers.com
Thu Aug 27 07:23:09 PDT 2009

Brett,

It also looks like you are specifying zone-level exhaust flows. When summing the maximum zone values of OA cfm or exhaust cfm, you get 4642 cfm, which is the OSA cfm reported for your baseline building. You probably have the OA-SIZING-METHOD set to the default "SUM-OF-ZONE-OA" for the baseline and "SET-BY-CRITICAL-ZONE" for the proposed.

Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED® AP | Pathfinder Engineers LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114
F: (585) 325-6005
bbishop at pathfinderengineers.com

www.pathfinderengineers.com
P Please strive to live sustainably.

-----Original Message-----
From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Min-Hwan Yang
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:18 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Zone report OA discrepancy

Brett,

It looks like your critical zone caused that.  It seems you have reduced cooling CFM by trying to reduce cooling load at exterior zones.
By reducing cooling CFM the program bumped OSA ratio to meet the zone OA requirement.  I would suggest you should increase the min. CFM of box serving the critical zone (G.SSW4).

Thanks,

Min-Hwan Yang, CEM, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer | yangm at kjww.com

200 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1200 | Chicago, Illinois 60606
312-294-0501 | Direct: 312-356-3750 | Fax: 312-294-0003
www.kjww.com

When looking at my Zone Air-Side Summary Report I noticed that the proposed system OSA cfm was about double that of my baseline building. However, all the zone OSA quantities are equal. Does anyone know what could cause this discrepancy? I have attached pdf files for both the proposed and baseline report. Thanks in advance.

Brett M. West
Design Engineer-Mechanical

RMF Engineering, Inc.
T: 843-971-9639 ext. 1499
F: 843-971-9641
bwest at rmf.com

This message and any attachments contain information intended for a specific party and may include sensitive or confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose to others.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by reply and then permanently delete this message and all attachments.