[Equest-users] Adding zones in the detailed interface

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 10:31:45 PDT 2009

Seun:

The BEST way to do it is my modifying the .INP file in a text editor. Realize the geometry you want to change and what polygons are affected. You could then reset the vertices of the adjacent polygons to match the changes for your zone foot print. Then determine what the changes are in wall width and height (if walls, external or internal are attached).

This will require keeping track of what points will move in space, so make a copy of your original files before you dive in.

This, by the way, is the way we older guys USED to make changes in the original DOS versions of DOE-2 ( the engine for eQuest). But, hey, we're engineers, right? This is what we LOVE to do !!

John Aulbach