[Equest-users] IPLV in Heat Pumps

Amandeep Singh amandeep.singh at energycenter.org
Thu Dec 17 13:03:45 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

I was working on a school model located in Lakeside,  San Diego county.
The school has Bard wall mount heat pumps (capacity - 2 to 4 tons),
really old one. I got manufacture data of the old and new units for
replacement. The new units data has EER, IPLV and COP ratings. I  would
prefer to use IPLV instead of EER rating in case of cooling  to
calculate savings.  The eQuest does have options for EER and SEER but
not for IPLV in the schematic design wizard.  What should I do here?

Does it make sense to use IPLV instead of EER to calculate savings for
the Lakeside?

Thanks,

Aman

Amandeep Singh
Energy Engineer

8690 Balboa Ave, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1502
858.634.4729 phone
858.244.1178 fax
www.energycenter.org <http://www.energycenter.org/>  web

Submit your SANDEE Award nomination today.

Visit www.energycenter.org <http://www.energycenter.org/signature> .