[Equest-users] Multi-Zone Hot Deck supply Flow rate error

Sundharam, Premnath psundharam at DLRGROUP.com
Tue Dec 29 15:55:57 PST 2009

Hello All,

Found out what the problem is or at least this is what I think the
problem is. Title 24 does not allow heating and cooling to happen
simultaneously. So when I selected a single fan multi-zone 2 deck
constant volume with hot water loop heat system, there is no way to
enter the Hot deck supply air flow rate. See image below.

So I had to change the system to have DUAL FAN under DUAL DUCT TYPE
(even though my system has only one fan) and now I was able to enter
heating supply flow. See image below. Now the error is gone!

So I believe, in concept this is a work around in eQuest to model THREE
DECK Multi-zone systems. So when there is no heat required the heating
fan just shuts down and vice versa. What I am not sure is, whether
eQuest will have two fan loads instead of one.... And I am not sure how
to check that in eQuest either...

Anyways hoping that this would simulate my three deck single fan
multi-zone with hot water loop heat system as precisely as it can.

If others have found a better way to model three deck multi zone with
single fan, please let me know... it will be a great help.

Thanks.

Prem