[Equest-users] Energy Modeling wish-list

Robert E. O'Connell REOconnell at meengineering.com
Fri Feb 20 06:04:27 PST 2009

For the wish list,

The major drawback to the eQUEST library of choices is the use of steam as a source of heating.  Both 15 and 70 Lb steam sources.

District steam for heating.
Steam to Steam Humidification
Steam to hot water generation
Steam for cooling (absorption chillers)
Steam for regeneration of dryer wheels
Steam for power generation

Just some thoughts I realize they are not in the format you requested.

I am sure the programmers at eQUEST are aware that steam is alternate heating source.

As it was explained to me, the program was developed for use in California and steam is not as popular out West as it is in the North East.  In order to develop this it would require funding from  someone or a group of interested parties to pay for this upgrade.

I am interested to hear if this is process gets moved forward.

Bob O'Connell