[Equest-users] Interior Blind Savings

Josh Doherty jdoherty at dcengineering.net
Thu Jan 15 08:30:46 PST 2009

Hello,
I am using eQUEST to determine the potential savings associated with using interior blinds in a 2-story 1000 square foot lobby area with floor to ceiling windows on two exterior sides.  The model behaves like I would expect.  The results indicate the blind open and closed schedules play a very important role in the savings.  This is especially true in such a climate where there are cold winters (solar gain into the interior space is beneficial) and hot summers (solar gain into the interior space is not desired).  However, the best case savings I can achieve is around $25.00/year.  I had expected to save more money using the blinds.  Has anybody else played around with blinds in eQUEST?  Did you find any significant savings?

Josh Doherty
DC Engineering
123 W. Spruce Street
Missoula, MT 59802