[Equest-users] Asking for help on HVAC sizing default ratios input for LEED EAc1 compliance

Yogendra Shah thermalenergyinc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:39:44 PDT 2009

Hello everyone, I'm a new eQuest user and working on my first LEED project.
Fortunately and unfortunately, I am in charge of the energy modeling for the
project. We are a two-man company and don't have many resources or other
coworkers to turn to and figure things out collectively. Any help anyone can
provide would be of much help. I've structured the questions to be specific
and included background info and how I've implemented or believe I should
implement input into eQuest. Other difficulties will be addressed in
subsequent emails with similar structured questions. For your help I thank
you in advance.

The LEED reference guide requires that baseline model be sized using default
ratios. I assume it refers to oversizing the HVAC cooling capacity by 15%
and heating by 25% according to "G3.1.2.2 Equipment Capacities" but I am not
sure where this information must be entered or specified. Under Air-Side HVAC
System Parameters and under Cooling and Heating tabs, there's Cooling Size
Ratio and Heating Size Ratio text boxes, respectively. Is this where I enter
1.15 for cooling and 1.25 for heating?

Thanks again,
Vince