[Equest-users] Fully Variable Frequency System Modeling

YinRic cesseric at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:05:14 PDT 2009

Hi Cam,

Your warning helps. I aware the difficulty and will for sure advice the owner to invest more in good windows and frames. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Rick, PE, LEED AP

From: cam at energyopportunities.com
To: cesseric at hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [SPAM] [Equest-users] Fully Variable Frequency System Modeling
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:54:13 -0400

Rick:

Afraid I can’t exactly help, but I do have a warning.  Appendix G (assuming you are LEED-NC v2.2 or later) requires that the baseline building be modeled with no more than 40% vertical fenestration.  It is likely you will need more sophisticated strategies (chilled beam, for instance) to achieve the minimum 14% (2 points) cost savings.  It would seem crucial that the project invest in good windows, especially the frames!  Good luck …

Cam S. Fitzgerald, PE, LEED AP

Energy Opportunities, LLC
a 7group company
phone:  (717) 292-2636 x11