[Equest-users] sizing return air flow for an autosized supply air flow - follow up for return air flow greater then 90%

Kevin Kyte kkyte at robsonwoese.com
Tue Jun 23 11:27:51 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have a few zones where the FX must be greater than the outside air venting.  OA is between 6-8% supply air flow.
I am trying to automate the return air flow to equal that of supply flow less outside air.  Is there anyway to set FX to equal outside air flow?

What I have tried, without success, is to set Return-cap-ratio equal to (supply-OA)/supply.
Such as, (Local("SUPPLY-FLOW")-ChildRef("OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW"))/ Local("SUPPLY-FLOW").

Do supply-flow and outside-air-flow need to be entered numbers to achieve?
I am trying to autosize supply flow based on 20F coil-to-space temp so I do not want to enter a number there.

Thanks for the insight.

Kevin

Message: 3