[Equest-users] [equest-users]

W. Peter Anderson panderson at jpengineer.com
Thu Jun 25 06:59:42 PDT 2009

Greetings-
I have set up PVAV systems with hot water coils.  I am getting error messages (See Below) for each of my systems.  On the LS-S reports, heating capacity for unit and zones is zero, but I do have hot water coils and a boiler loop, etc.

See below,
Thansk,
W. Peter Anderson, P.E
JP Engineering
41 Mechanic Street
Windsor, CT 06095
Ph: 860/688-5223
Fax: 860/688-5269

**WARNING**********************************************************************
ZONE EL1 NE Perim Zn (G.NE2)

might have insufficient heating capability.

Check that the SYSTEM or ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus this

ZONEs BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the ZONE

specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load

(see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

SYSTEM HVAC-1

which supplies the above listed ZONE, has a design heating

coil exit temperature, HEAT-SET-T,(plus any zone reheat)

below its MAX-SUPPLY-T or the ZONE DESIGN-HEAT-T, which

might account for the insufficient heating capability.

**WARNING**********************************************************************

ZONE EL4 East Perim Zn (G.E2)

might have insufficient heating capability.

Check that the SYSTEM or ZONE HEATING-CAPACITY plus this

ZONEs BASEBOARD-RATING is adequate to maintain the ZONE

specified DESIGN-HEAT-T for the calculated peak ZONE load

(see LS-A or LS-B for the ZONE peak load.)

SYSTEM HVAC-1

which supplies the above listed ZONE, has a design heating

coil exit temperature, HEAT-SET-T,(plus any zone reheat)

below its MAX-SUPPLY-T or the ZONE DESIGN-HEAT-T, which

might account for the insufficient heating capability.

PREHEAT/HEATING-CAPACITY in SYSTEM HVAC-1

is too low to provide the requested supply temperature for

the calculated mixed air temperature using total ZONE loads

(on LS-A/B) and SYSTEM design parameters, plus outside air

conditions (on LS-C), and specified capacities & air flows.

Requested temperature is 55.00 calculated is -3.14

Check HEATING-CAPACITY, HEAT-SET-T, PRE-HEAT-T, MAX-SUPPLY-T,

DESIGN-HEAT-T, and ZONE loads for consistency.