[Equest-users] Equest-users Digest, Vol 12, Issue 17

Min-Hwan Yang yangm at kjww.com
Tue Mar 17 13:06:27 PDT 2009

I think the correct system for your case using DX should be PVAVS with "fan-control = constant volume" or PVVT.
Let me know if you have other idea.
Thanks.

Min-Hwan Yang, CPD, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer | yangm at kjww.com

200 West Jackson Boulevard, Suite 1200 | Chicago, Illinois 60606
312-294-0501 | Direct: 312-356-3750 | Fax: 312-294-0003
www.kjww.com

General question:  Has anyone modeled a Ceiling/Bybass VAV System (aka Changeover/Bybass VAV System) in eQUEST with a DX air cooled condensing unit?

When I select this system it automatically wants me to assign a CHW loop.  The sub-tabs under the "Cooling" tab are "greyed-out" for "Unitary Power" and "Condenser", basically preventing me from selecting a DX system.

Is there anyway to override this so I can assign a DX system?

Thanks, I sure do appreciate the help.

Tony Kriel, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer
tkriel at sustaineng.com
(608) 231-9664 ext. 16

Sustainable Engineering Group, LLC.
431 Charmany Drive, Suite 102
Madison, WI 53719
www.sustaineng.com

This message and any attachments contain information intended for a specific party and may include sensitive or confidential material. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, or disclose to others.  Please notify the sender of the delivery error by reply and then permanently delete this message and all attachments.