[Equest-users] Hot water loop demand and boiler sizing

Rich Tesoriero RTesoriero at swinter.com
Wed May 6 11:30:22 PDT 2009

I had a similar error recently and adjusted LOOP-SIZE-RATIO on the Basic
Specifications tab for the loop

LOOP-SIZE-RATIO
The safety factor for loop sizing. (Note that safety factors could have
already been specified within the secondary HVAC systems attached to this
loop). This keyword is used only when SIZING-OPTION = SECONDARY-EQUIP; it is
ignored for the PRIMARY-EQUIP sizing method. When primary equipment is to be
auto-sized by the program, this keyword modifies the default capacity
assigned. Note that this keyword affects only the auto-sizing of the primary
equipment based on secondary loop loads. It has no effect on the design loop
flow;  the loop flow is based on the sum of the coil flows or other loads
attached to the loop. However, the design pump flow can be modified via
keywords in the PUMP command.