[Equest-users] Number of heating hours not met

David Dowling David.Dowling at WestPlainsEngineering.com
Fri May 15 08:37:29 PDT 2009

I thought I would let every one know what solution was for this
particular problem incase you have encountered this error.  For
starters, ASHRAE 90.1-2004 in regards to the baseline building is rather
vague on how to assign the specified system to the building, ie. system
per zone, system per site, system per shell etc.  I used system per site
since it gave me a slightly better percent improvement over the baseline
model.  This assumption was incorrect since a DX cooling with a gas
fired furnace system is not typically selected as a system per site, or
at least I can't think of a situation where this would be the case.

I also noticed that the first zone created within the wizard interface
was the zone where the thermostat set point was tied to, thus resulting
in the error; this is true, since none of the spaces were being
conditioned since the first zone created was satisfied.

David Dowling

Mechanical Designer

WEST PLAINS ENGINEERING, INC.

1750 Rand Road

Rapid City, SD  57702

Phone: (605) 348-7455  Fax: (605) 348-9445

david.dowling at westplainsengineering.com
<mailto:david.dowling at westplainsengineering.com>

www.westplainsengineering.com <http://www.westplainsengineering.com/>