[Equest-users] Refrigeration Modeling in eQuest and eQuest (refrig.Version)

Matthew Dubrovich mdubrovich at emcengineers.com
Tue May 19 13:50:32 PDT 2009

This was discussed quite awhile ago on the bldg-sim list and I had received the below reply that wasn't copied to everyone.  I haven't tried it yet but it might work.  Typically, I've built the model up from scratch in the refrigeration version.

You do not need to start over.  Most all envelope  components are
the same between the two versions (except that new things get added
to the standard version first - like the new skylight/daylighting keywords
in 3.61)

Just the refrigeration in std version needs to be deleted and the hvac changed
to a SYSTEM that is allowed in refrig version (FC, PAVAS, PVVT, etc.)

You can copy/rename a refrig .pd2 and the std .inp to a new common name
the the refrig project directory.  Of course, wizard inputs use constructions and
schedules from the eQ_Lib.dat ... so you may need to make a new usrlib.dat
in the refrig doe22 dir that ihas the eQ lib copied onto the end.

Matt Dubrovich, P.E.
LEED AP

EMC Engineers, Inc.
www.emcengineers.com
Making buildings work.  Better.
(303) 974-1217 - direct
(720) 279-4426 - mobile
(303) 974-1239 - fax

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any materials attached are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your copy immediately.