[Equest-users] questions about modeling PV

Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com Heather.Hardie-Hill at CH2M.com
Mon Nov 2 14:41:10 PST 2009

I'm trying to model a huge PV system on a huge building and I've run into a few problems...
The system is close to 12,000 panels and at first, I was not able to model more than 7000 panels (1000 parallel arrays of 7 panels each) so I broke it into 2 separate systems hoping that having 2 systems on the same roof wouldn't confuse the program... as far as I can tell, it's ok. thoughts?
Then, I received performance data from the manufacturer and tried comparing it to the eQuest output in the PS-H report and ran into some problems. The manufacturer says that their panels are approx 18% efficient. I inputted the panel info they gave me and selected the library curves (until they can get me their specific curve info) and eQuest says the panels are 10.2% efficient... but when I compare the manufacturers estimated total monthly output in kWh to eQuests it's less. The format that I received their data in is attached. I'd like to be able to produce a report in eQuest with a similar format but I can't figure out how. I searched through a bunch of the help files and found a bunch of stuff about hourly reports, report schedules, report blocks, and report frequency but I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put this stuff... BDL? INP? or if it matters what order I put it in. Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks.

Heather Hardie-Hill

EIT, LEEDTM AP

CH2M HILL