[Equest-users] Calculating cost savings LEED Energy credit

Albert Artús aal at grupojg.com
Mon Nov 9 09:08:15 PST 2009

Good evening,

I have already modelled my proposed and baseline buildings for the LEED Energy Credit, so I already have the energy savings calculated.

But I have found a new difficulty to calculate how many points my model deserves: here, in Spain, we have a Power rate as well as an Energy consumption rate. The first one is noticeable, and it means that all my efforts will be reduced when I apply the cost savings.

I have seen that the costs in the United States are calculated only with an Energy consumption rate, in a way that would help me in my case strongly. Should I consider, however, the Power rate, even if it penalizes me harder than a building in the States?

And in case that I should consideri t: the Baseline building should have the same contracted power as I have? Obviously, my contracted power is greater than my peak demand, and I only have the demand in the baseline case. How should I estimate the contracted power for the baseline building?

Albert