[Equest-users] Minimum demand charges for rate schedules?

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Wed Nov 25 05:43:21 PST 2009

I'm working on a project using Virginia Dominion Power's GS-3 rate
schedule (attached for reference).  I've been able to model all aspects
of the rate schedule other than how they determine distribution and
supply demand.

The billed distribution demand is basically the highest average KW
measured at the location during any 30-minute interval of the current
AND PREVIOUS 11 months.  In other words, the distribution demand is
going to be based on whatever the energy model comes up with for the
largest demand in the model year.

Is there a way to do this?  Or do I basically need to go in to my model
after the fact, select the highest demand, and then apply a fixed
monthly charge (on the order of $5,000-$10,000 per month) and eliminate
the $/KW charges altogether?

It definitely seems like that would provide the correct results, but I'd
love to get it to work using a proper rate schedule in eQuest so that
the appropriate numbers show up in the ES-F output reports.

Thanks!

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200

Arlington, VA  22201-4749

703-338-5754 (Cell)

703-243-1200 (Office)

703-276-1376 (Fax)

www.ghtltd.com <http://www.ghtltd.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of GHT Limited.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail or by e-mail to ght at ghtltd.com, and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.  Thank you.