[Equest-users] HVAC Loads Based on eQuest

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:04:16 PST 2009

When you build a project in eQuest using the wizard, the HDD schedules are
set to 0 for all internal loads.

When eQuest auto-sizes, it uses the weather file data and takes solar gain
into account for both heating and cooling, if you need any.  You can create
custom heating and cooling design days that specify the hour at which the
high and low temperature is reached.  For a heating design day, the hour low
could be specified to be at night, when there is no solar gain.  Also, in
LS-B and LS-C reports, the solar gain is clearly called out, if there is any
solar gain during the heating design day, it cab be subtracted out of the
total load for the space.

Karen Walkerman
Second Law
802-238-0980