[Equest-users] Classroom unit ventilator

Seun Odukomaiya sodukomaiya at laceindy.com
Fri Oct 16 08:36:33 PDT 2009

eQuest Users,
What is the best way to model classroom unit ventilators? I'm building an energy model for a school where all the classrooms are served by a unit ventilator. The units are served by a two-pipe loop with summer/winter changeover. I noticed that the unit ventilator in equest is heating only. I'm toying with using either a fan coil unit with the right performance specs, or maybe a single zone with reheat system. Has anyone done this before? Any ideas, or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Seun Odukomaiya, LEED AP  -  Mechanical Engineer
L'Acquis Consulting Engineers
280 East 96th Street, Suite 280
Indianapolis, IN 46240
voice:  (317) 706-2075