[Equest-users] Basement Window in Well

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 09:14:57 PDT 2009

Pure guess.

The windows are not in the underground wall, as they are not looking at dirt. I would make your basement wall in two sections, underground and above ground. Put the full underground sq.ft and attributes into the below grade wall. Add the above grade wall with a HUGE R value, so it essentially will have little heat transfer. Add the windows to THIS wall.

I told you this is a complete guess. I have never tried this before. And unfortunately, have little time ti research it at the moment.

I am sure SOMEONE  has done this..