[Equest-users] Tilted roof?

Ryan Schmidt RSchmidt at Horizon-Engineering.com
Tue Sep 22 08:39:01 PDT 2009

In order to make a tilted roof in DD mode, change the tilt angle of the
roof surface. Depending on the vectors used to define the polygon and
surface, the axis of tilt may be right or wrong. If it is wrong, try the
following steps:

1)       create a copy of the polygon used to define the roof surface

2)       change the azimuth of the roof surface

3)       modify signs (-/+) and invert x and y components of new polygon
in order to relocate roof

4)       Note the distance from the axis of rotation of the building
origin and the desired axis of rotation on the roof surface and use this
displacement to reposition the roof. Delta elevation will be SIN of the
tilt angle times this displacement. The lateral displacement will be
(1-COS of the tilt angle) times the displacement.

Once the tilted roof surface is created, new triangular external wall
sections can be created to fill in the gaps. I apologize if this
explanation is unclear.

-Ryan