[Equest-users] Actual Weather Data

Thomas Serra tserra at emoenergy.com
Fri Apr 2 10:24:34 PDT 2010

I have had success purchasing weather data from Weatherbank.  After hours of
trying to figure out how to use the "free" data  I was confronted with
client requirements that the filled data be supported with proper PHD skill.
So to satisfy this requirement I purchased the file.  I would suggest
getting several years and several stations as the price scales down with
quantity.

You can then use a combination of the Energyplus weather tool and equest
doe2 weather tools to build TMY2 files.   Find a epw file for your climate
and use the energy plus weather tool to convert to CSV.  Convert units and
paste into the CSV.  Use the EP weather tool to convert back to EPW.  Then
convert the EPW with the EQ weather tool to TMY2.

Thomas Serra

Project Manager

EMO Energy Solutions, LLC

3141 Fairview Park Drive, Suite 450