[Equest-users] Sizing Fan supply cfm

Jacob Goodman jacobg at lseng.com
Mon Apr 5 08:32:27 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I am attempting to set the fan supply volume for my model to match the
design fan supply volume. To set the supply volume, I input the value
(4,400 cfm) in wizard screen 4 of 7 in the air side system wizard by
using specify instead of auto-size. The input for OA % is set to the
design min OA cfm divided by the designed system supply volume.

When I checked the "Supply Flow (CFM)" in the SV-A report, by adding the
supply flows for all the zones assigned to this system, the number I got
was somewhat higher than the input...should they be equal? Any thoughts
on setting supply volume and demonstrating that it was what the model used?

Jacob Goodman , LEED AP