[Equest-users] Air Change Rate Question

Matthew Dubrovich mdubrovich at emcengineers.com
Mon Apr 26 07:00:05 PDT 2010

Rob,

I believe you can use the Overall Design Flow (ASSIGNED-FLOW) at the zone level to set your maximum flow rate.  It's in CFM not ACH but you can let eQuest do the math for you.  In the "Edit/View User Expression" box enter: 12*#LR("SPACE","AREA")*10/60.  Where 12 is your ACH rate (use a Global Parameter to make life easier when you start changing it in the parametric run) and 10 is your floor to ceiling height.

Matt Dubrovich, P.E.
LEED AP

EMC Engineers, Inc.
www.emcengineers.com<http://www.emcengineers.com/>
Making buildings work.  Better.
(303) 974-1217 - direct
(720) 279-4426 - mobile
(303) 974-1239 - fax

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any materials attached are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify the sender and destroy your copy immediately.