[Equest-users] Unexplained Electric Space Heat

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Tue Apr 6 09:54:50 PDT 2010

DOE2.2, like DOE2.1e allows for the Electric Input Ratio for fossil
boilers.  The EIR represents boiler components such as a blower
fan.  I can't seem to locate the default for HW-BOILER in equest but
for DOE2.1e the default EIR is 0.022.  If you don't override the
default you will see Electric Heat in the results.  In the equest
Boiler Properties input screen the Electric Input Ratio is at the
right side of the dialog box.