[Equest-users] Can't force pump power to Zero?

Demba Ndiaye Demba.Ndiaye at setty.com
Thu Apr 15 06:25:14 PDT 2010

What happens is that a blank ("") is equivalent to a zero (it is not an eQuest problem, but rather a programming language problem: the conversion of the string "" or of the string "0.00" leads to the same numerical value 0.0).

So when you input "0.00" it is like leaving the field blank, and then eQuest will use the head and the gpm (along with motor efficiency and mechanical efficiency) to size; and if the head is not input, it will autosize.

The solution in this case is to input "0.01" or lower.

Demba NDIAYE