[Equest-users] Energy recovery ventilation

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Fri Apr 16 08:33:02 PDT 2010

Rob,

A DOAS won’t necessarily solve your problem because, while an ERV can be specified, it will only see the return air of its dummy zone.  You want to assign the ERV directly to the “real” zones’ parent systems so that the correct return air is simulated.

You may want to try system types “multi-zone” or “variable air volume” and see which one you can tweak to match the fan coils.  You can assign one zone per system and get past the multi-zone part, and  you can adjust your minimum flow ratio if the fan coils are constant volume.  The biggest problem I see is making sure you’re not cooling and reheating; VAV won’t allow you to disable zone hot water coils.  If the fan coils are variable temp, maybe see if you can give yourself a wide berth on the cold deck leaving temp (possibly using a supply air reset schedule).

Thanks,

                         DAKOTA KELLEY

                                Project Designer

                                Office:      214-744-6199

                                Cell:         214-280-3825

                                Fax:         214-744-0770

http://www.teliospc.com <http://www.teliospc.com/>           3535 Travis St. Suite 115

dakotak at teliospc.com <mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>              Dallas, TX 75204

| MEP ENGINEERING · ENERGY MODELING · LEED CONSULTATION · COMMISSIONING |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,

And may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you

are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any

distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2010 Telios Corporation.