[Equest-users] How to turn off cooling for a water source heat pump

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:20:29 PDT 2010

Travis,

People may have given you information, but I'm not seeing it on the
listserv. So here's something that might work. Open the Air-Side HVAC Zone
Parameters screen (double click on the zone not the system), click on
Cooling and set your Maximum Cooling Rate to a low number, e.g .01 or .001.
This will turn off your cooling energy use although you might see a cooling
capacity on your SV-A report. I used this for a PSZ system, I hope it works
for your WSHP system. Since it is a zone level command, it just might.

See below from online DOE2 help.

Let us know if this works.

Regards,
Carol

MAX-COOL-RATE

Design maximum net heat extraction rate of the air system for the zone. If
entered it will override program-calculated capacity based on design day
loads. MAX-COOL-RATE can be used to suppress the cooling capability of a
zone by entering very low value (e.g., 1.0). In this case the zone air flow
will be calculated on the basis of heating only, rather than on the larger
of the cooling and heating requirements. This value is defaulted from the
load calculation peak zone total sensible cooling value.