[Equest-users] PVVT vs. PSZ

Nicholas Couture, LEED AP ncouture at emtec-engineers.com
Wed Apr 28 08:43:17 PDT 2010

Pasha,

I've attached the models of each.  After reading thru the topics on the
PVVT system, I think I may have modeled it wrong it regards to the
zoning, they recommend grouping zones served by one unit into one zone,
whereas I had modelled each zone with a VAV box separately.
Additionally my previous presumption was wrong, because when I turned
off all baseboards for both models, I still got the same results, that
is more gas usage at the systems with PSZ than PVVT, which is puzzling
to me.

If anyone can untie this knot I created, it would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,

Nick Couture, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer

3555 Veteran's Memorial Highway, Suite M
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Tel:  631.981.3990 ext. 230
Fax: 631.981.3971
ncouture at emtec-engineers.com

www.emtec-engineers.com <http://www.emtec-engineers.com/>

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipient(s) named above. This is not in anyway an
official statement of Emtec Consultants or solicitation to buy our
services. Emtec Consultants does not guarantee this Email transmission
to be secure or error-free. Any reproduction or changes to our drawings
and files without the consent of Emtec Consultants is strictly
prohibited.