[Equest-users] area of (internal) partitions

Nijenmanting, F.C. F.C.Nijenmanting at student.tue.nl
Wed Aug 4 00:15:19 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a question about the area which is calculated by equest.
Does it take into account the width of internal partitions?
In reality, if I would double the size of my internal walls, my actual floor area decreases.
But I could not find differences in the floor area calculated by Equest if I change the thickness of my walls.

A similar question accounts for the external partitions. For drawing the ground plan, should I therefore take the internal boundary, external boundary or middle line?

Kind regards,
Filique