[Equest-users] Strange Winter Cooling with Chiller

YinRic cesseric at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 05:12:06 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Have you happened to meet problem with strange cooling in winter when you choose chiller as cooling source?

I have a typical 2-storey office building (with no extraordinary internal cooling load) modelled using eQuest. Whenever I choose "chilled water coils" as cooling source, some cooling energy appears in the "Electric Consumption" graph for Jan and Feb, although the SS-I report indicates no sensible or latent cooling energy in these two months. When I change the cooling source into "DX Coils", the cooling energy in winter simply disappeared.

Attempting to fix the problem, in the "air-side system" window under wizard mode, all I used are default values to avoid wrong inputs, and I chose "no heating" in winter, but the problem still exist.

This is a LEED project approaching deadline. If anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick, LEED AP